Communicating empowerment to all majors through speakers, panelists, and engaging events.
Monday, March 9
- Ryan Buffa, 9:00am- 9:50 am, Gamache-Koger Theater – Students will hear from Ryan Buffa, an American filmmaker living in Atlanta, GA. She currently works in television production as Co-Producer on The Walking Dead.
- Kimberly Collins (EVP/Brunet-Garcia), 10:00am-10:50 am, Gamache-Koger Theater – Students will hear from Kimberley Collins, Flagler graduate with experience at a boutique PR firm called The Nixon Group. She was part of the team that launched the national truth® tobacco prevention campaign.
- Brittany Lutz (Former MTV- Nashville), 11:00am-11:50 am, Gamache-Koger Theater – Students will hear from Brittany Lutz, she has over 13 years of experience in broadcast and digital production. Brittany spent almost 9 years with MTV and eventually moved to ViacomCBS where she serves as the Line Producer for CMT Digital in Nashville.
- Lunch w/ Tallahassee Flagler Students, 12:30pm-1:45 pm, Gamache-Koger Theater/Student Center Area Network – Students will network and mingle over pool and ping pong with other communication students from Flagler Colleges Tallahassee campus.
- Young Professional Panel, 2:00pm-2:50 pm, Gamache-Koger Theater – Students will hear from panel of new additions to the professional world of communications
– Jay Jenkins (Filmmaker)
– Alaina Bundy (PR Coordinator/Firehouse Subs)
– Alyssa Wickham (Content/PR specialist with RedFlash Group)
– Wesley Wilcox (Account Executive/Pandora)
-Moderator: Morgan Gallo (Flagler College Assistant Director of Digital Strategy)
- The Opening Reception, 5:00pm- 7:00 pm, Pollard Hall- 31 Cordova St, – Join alumni, professionals, and professors at COM Weeks Opening Reception with free hors d’oeuvres and desserts. Featuring live music from Shyla Macaluso opening for Quarter Roy and live installation: Empowerment.
- Dave Tidler (Sr. Production Supervisor/National Geographic Channel)- 9:30am-10:45 am – Gamache-Koger Theater – Speaker Dave Tidler has over 25 years’ experience working in the video communications industry. Dave has experience at National Geographic, Fox, ESPN, Lionsgate, Disney, Bristol Myers Squibb, Mars, Keurig, and Nestle.
- Gareth Fox (Cinematographer, currently working on Siesta Key for MTV)- 11:00am-12:15pm Gamache-Koger Theater – Gareth Paul Cox is an established cinematographer with a vast rolodex of knowledge.His work has been seen by millions all over the world. Many saw his work during Super Bowl 50 when he was shooting a promo for Pepsi during the halftime show with Bruno Mars, Coldplay, and Beyoncé.
- Lunch & Learn Resume Workshop- 12:30pm-1:45 pm – Career Development Center – Bring a copy of your current resume or start from scratch with the Career Development Center and free lunch.
- Stephanie Meyers (Lead, Global Partner Marketing Communications/Cisco Systems)- 2:00-3:15- Gamache-Koger Theater – Stephanie Meyers leads Global Partner Marketing Communications at Cisco Systems. In her current role, she focuses on driving audience-specific marketing communications, managing brand campaigns, and a marketing enablement platform.
- Speech Competition- 5:00 pm- 7:00 pm – Chocolattes (47 Cordova St, St. Augustine, FL 32084) – Students from all majors can now sign up for COM Weeks Speech Competition. There will be a panel of judges that determines the winner of a $100 cash prize! If you are interested in joining, choose from two prompts here.
Wednesday, March 11
- Rachel Bardin (Director & Producer)- 9:00am- 9:50 am- Gamache-Koger Theater – Rachel Bardin is an award-winning director and cinematographer of documentaries and narratives. Her films have played at the American Society of Cinematographers, Austin Film Festival, PBS Online Film Festival and IFFBoston.
- Lisa Pedrogo (VP of Engineering and IT at Warner Media Group)- 10:00am -10:50 am- Gamache-Koger Theater – Lisa Pedrogo is a Vice President of Engineering and Strategic Initiatives for WarnerMedia’s Global Broadcast Technology Services. She manages the engineering team that maintains and supports CNN and truTV broadcast facilities at Hudson Yards. Her scope includes maintenance of all technical equipment and facilities, plus desktop support for various news, sports and entertainment Warner Media Brands.
- Panel: Portrayal of the LGBTQ+ Community in the Media- 11:00am-12:50 pm – Gamache-Koger Theater
– Chloie Dianna Kensington, a transgender activist and performer in Jacksonville– Paige Mahogany Parks, founder of the Jacksonville Transgender Action Committee– Regina Livingston, transgender advocate and founder of Unspoken Treasures Society– Dr. Lorna Bracewell, assistant professor in the Humanities Department at Flagler College– Simon Demarco, president of Club Unity at Flagler College– Dr. Jay Szczepanski, director of Learning Resource Center at Flagler College– Moderator: Dr. Paige Chapman, Flagler College assistant communication professor
- Kevin Stickney (Environmental Public Relations/Issues Management) &Sharon Mcintosh-Gamache “But Wait, There’s More: From Advertising to your next job interview”- 1:00pm-1:50 pm- Gamache-Koger Theater – Kevin Stickney is the founder of Calypso–a national public relations, issues management, and branding agency based in New Hampshire now in its 20th year serving clients across global industries. Sharon McIntosh is president of And Then Communications, a boutique agency focused on employee and change communications.
- Pulitzer Presentation- 2:00pm-3:15 pm- Solarium
Thursday, March 12
- Melanie Saltzman (Reporter/Producer for PBS Newshour Weekend)- 10:00am-10:50 am- Gamache-Koger Theater – Melanie Saltzman works at PBS reporting on, shooting and producing a variety of issues including public health, the environment and international affairs. Saltzman is a Fulbright Scholar and a critically acclaimed producer.
- Film Screening- “Unfit to Stand”- 11:00am- 12:15 pm- Gamache-Koger Theater – Produced by Flagler College students, Unfit to Stand is an unflinching documentary of the mentally ill in the criminal justice system and a profile of families who tragically fell victim to that system.
- Health Communication Panel- 2:00pm-3:15 pm- Gamache-Koger Theater
- Stand up Comedy Workshop- 5:00pm-7:00 pm- Corazon Cinema & Cafe- 36 Granada St, St. Augustine, FL – Learn what it takes to stand up and become a comedian with Flobo Boyce from AfterBuzz Tv, the ESPN of TV Talk.
- Stand up COMedy Night- 7:30 PM- Corazon Cinema & Cafe- 36 Granada St, St. Augustine, FL 32084 – Flobo Boyce will MC Stand up COMedy Night with Flagler College alum Lauren Bressette (2019 headliner at Sing Out Loud Music Festival) and Courtney Olson (runs a local monthly showcase at Paper Root in Saint Augustine).